Greatest Lasagna in the World Recipe!
Greatest Lasagna in the World Description:
It takes a little work, but it is worth it. This is the Greatest Lasagna in the World is a very filling and satisfying recipe. This excellent dish has basil, sweet Italian sausage, ground beef and three types of cheese. This lives up to it’s name!
Greatest Lasagna in the World Time Stats:
Prep 30 minutes:
Cook 2 hour 30 minutes:
Ready In 3 hour 15 minutes:
Greatest Lasagna in the World Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning:
- 12 lasagna noodles:
- 1/2 tablespoon ground black pepper:
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage:
Greatest Lasagna in the World Directions:
- In a Dutch oven, cook sausage, ground beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat until well browned. Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, and water. Season with sugar, basil, fennel seeds, Italian seasoning, 1/2 tablespoon salt, pepper, and 3 tablespoons parsley. Simmer, covered, for about 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain noodles, and rinse with cold water. In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese with egg, remaining parsley, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- To assemble, spread 1 1/2 cups of meat sauce in the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish. Arrange 6 noodles lengthwise over meat sauce. Spread with one half of the ricotta cheese mixture. Top with a half pound of mozzarella cheese slices. Spoon 1 1/2 cups meat sauce over mozzarella, and sprinkle with 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers, and top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Cover with foil: to prevent sticking, either spray foil with cooking spray, or make sure the foil does not touch the cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil, and bake an additional 25 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Greatest Lasagna in the World Shopping Checklist: