Burrito Pie Recipe:
Description for Burrito Pie:
Burrito Pie A great recipe for family meal time. The recipe Burrito Pie is filled to the brim with ground beef, re-fried beans and tomatoes are combined with chiles and taco sauce, then layered as a casserole with tortillas and cheese, and baked.
Ingredients For Burrito Pie:
Burrito Pie Times stats:
Prep 30 minutes
Cook 30 minutes
Ready In 1 hours
Directions For Burrito Pie:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute the ground beef for 5 minutes. Add the onion and garlic, and saute for 5 more minutes. Drain any excess fat, if desired. Mix in the olives, green Chile peppers, tomatoes with green Chile peppers, taco sauce and refried beans. Stir mixture thoroughly, reduce heat to low, and let simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Spread a thin layer of the meat mixture in the bottom of a 4 quart casserole dish. Cover with a layer of tortillas followed by more meat mixture, then a layer of cheese. Repeat tortilla, meat, cheese pattern until all the tortillas are used, topping off with a layer of meat mixture and cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheese is slightly brown and bubbly.
Burrito Pie Recipe Tips:
- Aluminum foil can be your best friend and can be used to keep food moist, cook easier , and it will make clean-up much easier.
Burrito Pie Shopping checklist: