Zucchini with Chickpea and Mushroom Stuffing
Make this dish for any diabetic in your life and they will be asking for more of the Zucchini Chickpea Mushroom Stuffing again.
Zucchini with Chickpea and Mushroom Stuffing Ingredients:
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander:
- 4 zucchini, halved:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil:
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed:
- 1 onion, chopped:
- 1/2 (8 ounce) package button mushrooms, sliced:
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin, or to taste:
- sea salt to taste:
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained:
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley:
- 1/2 lemon, juiced:
Time Stats for Zucchini with Chickpea and Mushroom Stuffing:
Prepares in 30 minutes
Cooks in 30 minutes
Ready to eat in 1 hour
Directions for Zucchini with Chickpea and Mushroom Stuffing:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a shallow baking dish.
- Scoop out the flesh of the zucchini; chop the flesh and set aside. Place the shells in the prepared dish.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute onions for 5 minutes, then add garlic and saute 2 minutes more. Stir in chopped zucchini and mushrooms; saute 5 minutes. Stir in coriander, cumin, chickpeas, lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper. Spoon mixture into zucchini shells.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until zucchini are tender.
Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Shopping Checklist for Zucchini with Chickpea and Mushroom Stuffing: