Slow Cooker Jambalaya
Sit back and relax while your jambalaya is cooking in the slow cooker. And breath in all the wonderful smell it leaves. Let the whole family try your slow cooker jambalaya. And you will be having them come back for seconds.
Slow Cooker Jambalaya Ingredients:
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into 1 inch cubes:
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano:
- 1 pound andouille sausage, sliced:
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice:
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley:
- 1 large onion, chopped:
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped:
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning:
- 1 cup chopped celery:
- 1 cup chicken broth:
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme:
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper:
- 1 pound frozen cooked shrimp without tails:
Time Stats for Slow Cooker Jambalaya:
Prepares in 20 minutes
Cooks in 8 hours
Ready to eat in 8 hours 20 minutes
Directions for Slow Cooker Jambalaya:
- In a slow cooker, mix the chicken, sausage, tomatoes with juice, onion, green bell pepper, celery, and broth. Season with oregano, parsley, Cajun seasoning, cayenne pepper, and thyme.
- Cover, and cook 7 to 8 hours on Low, or 3 to 4 hours on High. Stir in the shrimp during the last 30 minutes of cook time.
Try using a liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Shopping Checklist for Slow Cooker Jambalaya: