Caramel Apple Pork Chops
Caramel Apple Pork Chops is an excellent combination. It gives you that great taste of pork chops with a little extra surprise of something sweet. You can make it for yourself or make it for the whole family to try.
Ingredients for Caramel Apple Pork Chops:
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg:
2 tart apples – peeled, cored and sliced:
Time Stats for Caramel Apples Pork Chops:
Prepare in 20 minutes
Cooks in 25 minutes
Ready to eat in 45 minutes
Directions to make Caramel Apples Pork Chops:
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees F (80 degrees C). Place a medium size dish in the oven to warm.
- Heat a large skillet over medium to high heat. Brush chops lightly with oil and place in hot pan. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes, turning occasionally, or until done. Transfer to the warm dish, and keep warm in the preheated oven.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, salt and pepper, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add butter to skillet, and stir in brown sugar mixture and apples. Cover and cook until apples are just tender. Remove apples with a slotted spoon and arrange on top of chops. Keep warm in the preheated oven.
- Continue cooking sauce uncovered in skillet, until thickened slightly. Spoon sauce over apples and chops. Sprinkle with pecans (optional).
Caramel Apples Pork Chops Shopping Checklist: