Homemade Banana Pudding Pie
Homemade Banana Pudding Pie Ingredients:
- 2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs:
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar:
- 3 bananas, sliced into 1/4 inch slices:
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour:
- 2 cups milk:
- 3 egg yolks:
- 2 teaspoons butter:
- 3 egg whites:
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract:
- 1/4 cup white sugar:
Time Stats for Homemade Banana Pudding Pie:
Prepares in approximately 30 minutes:
Cooks in 30 minutes:
Ready to eat In 2 hours:
Directions for Homemade Banana Pudding Pie:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Line the sides and bottom of a 9-inch pie plate with a layer of alternating banana slices and vanilla wafer crumbs.
- To Make Pudding: Combine 1 1/2 cups sugar with flour in a medium saucepan. Mix well, then stir in half the milk. Beat egg yolks and whisk into sugar mixture. Add remaining milk and butter or margarine.
- Place mixture over low heat and cook until thickened, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract. Pour half of pudding over vanilla wafer and banana layer while still hot.
- Make another layer of alternating vanilla wafers and banana slices on top of pudding layer. Pour remaining pudding over second wafer and banana layer.To Make Meringue: In a large glass or metal bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Gradually add 1/4 cup sugar, continuing to beat until whites are stiff. Spread meringue into pie pan, making sure to completely cover pudding layer.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, just until meringue is browned. Chill before serving.
Sopping Checklist for Homade Banana Pudding Pie: