Bread Bowl Chili
Ingredients for Bread Bowl Chili:
For the bowl:
1 large round bread bowl:
For the chili:
1 medium jalapeño pepper (diced):
2 teaspoons olive oil:
1 medium green bell pepper, chopped:
2 medium yellow onions, chopped:
1 tablespoon chili powder:
1/4 cup no salt added tomato paste:
1 can (8 1/2oz) red kidney beans, drained and rinsed:
12oz lean ground beef:
1 can (14 1/2oz) whole tomatoes:
1 can (7oz) whole kernel corn, drained:
Directions to make the Bread Bowl Chili:
1. Using a serrated knife slice off an inch from the top of the bread.
2. Carve out a bowl from within the bread, leaving an inch inside.
1. Chop the jalapeño pepper into fine pieces. Avoid touching the seeds with your hands.
2. Cook the beef in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Stirring until brown and drain beef.
3. In same skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions, cook stirring for 5 minutes. Add chili powder, jalapeño pepper, and bell pepper; cook stirring for 5 minutes.
4. Add tomatoes with liquid, tomato paste and beef bring it to a boil. Reduce heat to a low simmer for 25 minutes. Add corn and beans cook for an additional 5 minutes.
5. Ladle chili into bread bowl and serve immediately.
Shopping Checklist for Bread Bowl Chili: