Baked Ziti Ingredients:
- 1 pound dry ziti pasta:
- 2 (26 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce:
- 1 onion, chopped:
- 6 ounces provolone cheese, sliced:
- 1 pound lean ground beef:
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded:
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream:
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese:
Time Stats for Baked Ziti:
Prepares in 20 minutes
Cooks in 35 minutes
Ready to eat in 55 minutes
Directions for Baked Ziti:
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add ziti pasta, and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes; drain.
2. In a large skillet, brown onion and ground beef over medium heat. Add spaghetti sauce, and simmer 15 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 9×13 inch baking dish. Layer as follows: 1/2 of the ziti, Provolone cheese, sour cream, 1/2 sauce mixture, remaining ziti, mozzarella cheese and remaining sauce mixture. Top with grated Parmesan cheese.
4. Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheeses are melted.
Shopping Checklist for Baked Ziti: