Sausage Casserole Recipes:
Ingredients for the Sausage Casserole:
- 1 pound sage flavored breakfast sausage:
- 3 cups shredded potatoes, drained and pressed:
- 1/4 cup butter, melted:
- 12 ounces mild Cheddar cheese, shredded:
- 1/2 cup onion, shredded:
- 6 jumbo eggs:
- 1 (16 ounce) container small curd cottage cheese:
Time Stats for the Sausage Casserole:
- Prepares in 25 minutes:
- Cook 1 hour 15 minutes:
- Ready In 1 hour 45 minutes:
Directions for the Sausage Casserole:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×13 inch square baking dish.
2. Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
3. In the prepared baking dish, stir together the shredded potatoes and butter. Line the bottom and sides of the baking dish with the mixture. In a bowl, mix the sausage, Cheddar cheese, onion, cottage cheese, and eggs. Pour over the potato mixture.
4. Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into center of the casserole comes out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Sausage Casserole Shopping Checklist: